Saturday, November 08, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

Yeah, I had forgotten about blog tags. I guess I got used to them all being on facebook. Anyhow, Noble tagged me to write six random things about myself, so here goes!

1) It is literally impossible for me to be in my room without music playing. I've even experimented with it. I almost went nuts.

2) My room has dried flowers everywhere. Not one wall is void of flowers. Mostly roses that I've acquired over the past two years, although now I've got several bouquets from weddings and such that I've been in, so I have some variation now.

3) (Speaking of flowers) I happen to agree with Jesse's declamation about Valentines Day. The senior class has been doing it ever since they were freshmen. The guys all chip in and buy roses and little chocolates for all the girls. Not individually, obviously, but from the guys in the class to the girls in the class. Who wants to be ignored on Valentines Day?

4) I have a super power. I have something like "extra-sensory hearing" or whatever its called. I can hear reeeeally high pitched sounds that pretty much no one else can hear. This doesn't mean that normal pitched sounds are louder to me than to anyone else, it just means that I pick up high pitched sounds when very few others can. If a TV screen is on, I can hear it(this is the one that really drives me insane). If there is an appliance nearby that is plugged in, I can hear it. And did you know that airplanes have a really high pitched scream going the whole time they're in the air?

5) My "freak out" reflex gets triggered by the weirdest things. Ethan knows what to do to make me freeze in fear, although even he doesn't believe me that it really freaks me out when he does it. (Thank goodness he lives in NC!) Small, shaky movements trigger my brain and scare the living daylights out of me. Pleeeeease don't ever do any weird movements around me. I'll be scarred for life. :P

6) Ever seen the movie 27 Dresses? If not, the basic plot is that this girl has been a bridesmaid (or was it maid of honor?) 27 times, but never a bride. Okay, so apparently people have decided that I too am trying to "expand my wardrobe" by being in many weddings. I'll have you know, people, that I have been a flower girl once, a bridesmaid once, and a maid of honor once. That's three weddings. Yes, the fourth is coming up on January 10th, but who cares how many weddings I've been in? I consider it a blessing and an honor to be there for my friends (and sisters, haha) on their biggest day. Hehe, it *is* pretty cool getting new dresses, though. Gotta love that.

Okay, that was six things. Now I get to tag six people. I tag Clayton, Shannon, Kaleb, Rob, Josiah, and... um... Molly! Now, lets see who will do it.

7 comments:

Muddled Muse said...

Valentines day doesn't really *work*...It almost seems like a sort of blackmail for guys who are in a relationship. One of those mysterious pitfalls. "Uhh...if I don't get her something she likes, then I'm in trouble." It is nice to have a special day with a significant other...but the hype puts a lot of pressure on guys who typically show their affection in non-material ways.

Muddled Muse said...

Valentines day doesn't really *work*...It almost seems like a sort of blackmail for guys who are in a relationship. One of those mysterious pitfalls. "Uhh...if I don't get her something she likes, then I'm in trouble." It is nice to have a special day with a significant other...but the hype puts a lot of pressure on guys who typically show their affection in non-material ways.

Clayton said...

It's hilarious for us single people. haha

Faith, you would make a horrible sound person. Most sound peoples I know are actually hard of hearing. I used to be able to hear the tv and such, but I can't really now. I have a high constant ringing in my ears always.. :-/

Good luck getting me to re-post it.. :-P

Addie said...

Jean - Yeah, I suppose some girls are like that. I personally wouldn't really care what "he" gave me. It would be from him, and that is enough. Come to think of it, though, I would be totally happy with just *seeing* him. He wouldn't have to buy me anything. :)

Yton - Well, it was your choice to become a sound-dude. *shakes her head sadly* ;)

trotter said...

Okay, I'll post six weird things, but I don't think I know six bloggers. At least, not six that read my blog. So, sorry, but I guess it'll die with me unless I can convince the one or two other people I know to do it. Anyhow, here goes my list, and hopefully it'll make it to the blog shortly.

1. I could not stand pizza until the summer after I turned 15. Until this year I hated spaghetti and lasagna. I've never been able to comprehend people's desire for guacamole.

2. I love vinyl records. Rob and I collectively own almost two dozen LPs, and they are the way of the future.

3. Rob and I have a running dare that we won't turn on the heat in our apartment. He said "So when are we gonna turn the heat on?" I responded, "whenever you get cold." He then said: "I can last as long as you can." To which my obvious response was, "and I can last longer than you, so I guess we're good."

4. I have an unreasonable, unpredictable, and totally irrational love for the band Journey.

5. Until this past August, when I moved into the apartment, I've never had my own room. I always shared one with my two younger brothers or sister (at least, as long as I can remember). And, perhaps even weirder, (unless you know my brothers, both the painfully cool Kanaan/Mark and the tragically hip Khristian/whatever other annoying name I can come up with) I enjoyed it immensely. I think I'll make my children do the same.

6. My grandaddy makes the best BBQ in the world, and my grandmother makes the best fried chicken. This is the grandaddy who dipped my pacifier in Dr. Pepper when I was but a tyke. I also vividly remember the two times in my life that they have not had DP in their fridge. Those were tragic days.

Well, there it is.

Addie said...

Wow, Kaleb! Those are awesome! Your family sounds like a blast. Too bad I can't remember what Mark's real name is, though, heh.

I think I win, though, because I shared a room with my three sisters pretty much up until they got married lats December. Then Liz and I got our own rooms, and now I have *both* rooms, since Liz is gone now too. Fun times (and I'm totally serious about that. I loved it. :D)

trotter said...

Actually, their names really are Kanaan and Khristian. With k's. Yeah, my mom and dad's names are Ken and Kenwyn. And they met in Kentucky. What are the odds eh? So all of our names start with k's. Kaleb Kandace Kanaan Khristian. A little weird maybe, but I kinda like it.

I know! Sharing a room with siblings is the best.