Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Dude. You're not... my nemesis."

(Gotta love Dr. Horrible!)

The different characters at Smoky Mountain is mind blowing.

First, there's Devan. Everyone loves Devan. He has this huge grin on his face all the time, and even when he tries to be offended or upset, he still can't help laughing. He sings, he dances... he's a blast! The cool thing, though, is that both Ben and Robert say that Devan and I are a lot alike. Robert thought Devan was my brother for a while and was shocked to find out that we hadn't even met until that night. I've had five different servers ask me if we're related. Its pretty cool. Devan is awesome.

Then you have Harris. Remember him? Yeah, he's the guy who avoids me all the time because whenever we're within five feet of each other something really bad happens. Harris + Addie is a baaaaaad combination. We almost decked Ben in the face with the swinging door tonight by both trying to come through it at once, heh. But even though Harris and I never speak to each other, we both think the same thing whenever we see each other. Neither of us take this extremely seriously, though, and I know this because he gets a little smirk on his face as he hurries away. Even though it really *is* a pretty bad thing when we're near each other, we're cool with it. Its actually really fun in a really different sort of way. Haha!

And now I come to Matt. Oh man. This is where the quote in the title of this post comes in. And actually, he *is* my nemesis. Well, he's as close as I've ever come to having a nemesis. I seriously don't think he likes me at all. I think he's the first person I've "met" (actually we haven't really met) who dislikes me. And he's pretty much a jerk too (and I'm not kidding here, he isn't a nice person). Matt is pretty new to the crew at Smoky Mountain since he replaced Blaze. It makes me slightly frustrated to know that they replaced someone like Blaze with someone like Matt. Blaze was what made things fun at Smoky. He made everyone laugh, and would sing Dr. Horrible songs so loudly that I could hear him if I were in the dish pit and he were on the pizza line. He was great, and everyone loved him. Then one day he didn't come to work, and Matt did. I don't know if he quit, or if they fired him, but either way, I'm surprised that Matt was his replacement. I admit, I'm slightly bitter about that, heh, so I pretty much return his feelings for me. Its really sad, actually. I don't even know why he doesn't like me. Its a bit scary. Especially when he glares at me through the dish racks. *shudders* Thankfully, I don't have to deal with him too often. Once a week or so. Yay.

So between Devan, Harris, and Matt, we have a huge range of characters working there at Smoky. I'm glad everyone isn't the same, though. It would get annoying after a while if everyone were a blast like Devan, and it definitely wouldn't be fun it everyone were quiet like Harris, or jerks like Matt. We all balance each other out. Its pretty much perfect.

2 comments:

NB said...

Coworkers are great... there's nothing quite like them. They're sort of a combination of old friends and distant relatives. :-P

Hannah Hurd said...

Maybe Matt is secretly a vampire and you're like Bella to him. :-p