I just watched The Happening. I was surprised. So many people hated it. So many people said it was a letdown.
Oh my gosh, that is SOOO not what I got out of it. In my mind, it ranks up there with the Sixth Sense. I was clutching my pillow the whole time. I should have just left the room, but I couldn't bring myself to. I was kind of like those people in the movie. Mesmerized. Frozen. Yikes.
I'm going to go babysit from 10 to 11:00. And guess what! The house is in a populated area, and surrounded by trees.
I'm going to DIE.
Thankfully, it's not windy outside. Not yet, anyhow. As I told a friend earlier, I'll probably end up barricading myself (and the kid) in the basement. Although the safest place to be would be shut up in one of those padded rooms in an insane asylum. I can't kill myself then!
Unfortunately, I won't be babysitting in an asylum. I suppose death is inevitable, then. I don't want to kill myself, though! Ahhhh!
So, seeing as how I can't avoid my own end, I'd like you all to know that if I die tonight, I really appreciate that y'all take the time to read my posts. I ramble on and on far more than I ought, and I'd rather not die without telling you all that I do appreciate that y'all are so patient with me. Thanks for listening. Y'all are amazing.
Waaaaaaa...
6 comments:
Wow. I'm glad you liked it, I really didn't. Something just didn't click for me. Give it another 20 years, it'll be forgotten, and The Sixth Sense will be a classic.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to see what happened in an insane asylum. You know Shyamalamadingdong would find a way, and it would be really nasty . . .
Tip: Don't walk by closed doors, policemen, or lawnmowers. ESPECIALLY lawnmowers. Yikes. There's an image I'll never ever ever get out of my head. Thanks, M Night.
Faith, I'm so glad somebody else actually liked that movie!! Though I get the feeling we liked it for different reasons. lol (ELLIOT! *dreamy sigh*)
I'm also glad I'm not the only one who is now scared of trees. :-)
Kaleb - Oh no! You're one of *them*! That is saddening indeed; I'm sorry to hear it. I thought Night did an awesome job on it. It was very different from his other films (especially following Lady In The Water), but that shouldn't make it any less good. It too bad people judged it by comparing it to his other films.
Grace Anne - Oh yeah, I forgot you liked it too! I'm glad you did. :) And yeah, we liked it for different reasons. Mark Wahlburg is cool, but I'm not exactly out of my mind for him, shall we say. lol If I was, it wouldn't be for his part in The Happening. If you ask me, he's at his best in The Italian Job. :)
Heh, I really doubt I'd last through that whole movie. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! I think Jazz liked it, lol.
Miss you :)
On a totallly unrelated note, have you heard the song 'With Me' by Sum 41? It's my latest favorite modern song, *g* I blast it throughout the house while I'm cleaning, lol.
I am glad you saw it! I actually did like it in some ways. I want to see it again, because I am still fuzzy one some parts. But the one thing that did bother me was the underlying "Environmental" propaganda. "We're hurting the trees... Global warming... CO2 problems!" That was my biggest complaint against it. But other than that I enjoyed it. I saw it in NC and Ethan *did* call the whole plot line about 10 minutes into it... that was kind of annoying. ;)
Post a Comment