This is for all you poor souls who have my gtalk address. If you don't have it, you don't have to pay any attention to this post.
I'm pretty used to being signed into Google Talk. Even if I don't talk to anyone, I still like knowing who's there. But this is not only pointless, but also probably not the healthiest thing. IMing is a fantastic way to waste both my time and theirs, and its impersonal too. When talking online its far easier to say things that would take time to work up to saying in person. And last, I'm often "invisible" (and yes, I did actually spell that right for once), so I end up feeling somewhat like a stalker for knowing who's online, though they can't see me.
Its experiment time!
I just logged out of chat and hopefully I won't log back in for several days. I'd love to have enough control over myself to keep from logging in until the end of Thanksgiving break, but that may be a little long to shoot for on the first try. So we'll just have to see. Anyhow, I'm not invisible; I'm logged out completely.
If you really need to get in touch with me, I'll still be checking my email. And there're also these handy dandy little things called cell phones? Hehe. All that to say, I'm not gone. I'm just not there for instant chatting.
Wish me luck!
4 comments:
Wow, Faith!! Self-control. lol
I actually plan to avoid Gtalk a fair amount during the holiday as well. Since I'll be at home, I can get out my daily quota of words...um...verbally rather than typewritten. :-)
Go us!
lol, you have these repressions semiannually, if not quarterly. I think it's a good idea, as you being invisible was getting a bit weird. Way to go for being wise(but don't get proud now that I said that and spoil it all) ;-)
Feel free to call me sometime... :-D
I hope this doesn't mean you won't be posting on the blog!
Oh no! I'll probably post more often, actually. ;)
Post a Comment