So I have a lot that I wanted to post about tonight, so I'm going to be pretty random in this post. Bear with me...
- Double the Smoke -
Today's double shift actually wasn't that bad. Yes, I'm limping now because my shoes are really bad for my feet, and I burned myself twice in the same place on my left wrist, but I wasn't completely drained of energy like I was last time I worked a double. We didn't get overloaded by a 20-tops this week, and I did get an hour long break and a deep dish pizza. All those things together make up a pretty good day. I made a good amount of money too, so that is encouraging. Andrew made it fun this morning by going around taking pictures the whole time. Michael and I posed for Andrew with our knives as we diced tomatoes (it took us an hour to dice those tomatoes since the dicer-thing wasn't working. I was glad I got there a little earlier, so that we finished before opening at 11:00). And Jamie and I played around with Andrew's camera when he wasn't looking. That was a blast. I need to bring my own camera some day.
The best part of the day, though, was telling everyone that there are only 32 days left until Christmas Day, and singing Hark The Harold Angels Sing and Joy To The World at anyone who told me to shut up (My revenge was swift, mwahaha).
All in all, it was a great day.
- What in the world? -
In my spam folder in Gmail, there's this fascinating little button at the top of the file. It says "Delete forever". Not just "delete", but "delete forever". Is that really necessary? What's the point? I mean seriously. If I click that button, will it ensure that that email never comes back to haunt me? Or is it just supposed to make me feel powerful, knowing I can delete something forever? And by forever, do they mean forever as in continuously? That email will be constantly getting deleted until the end of time? If that's the case, then I don't think I can bring myself to inflict that kind of punishment on something. Let alone something as trivial as an email. What a monstrous act that would be. Sheesh.
- The Beginning -
For the past four years I've gotten pretty sick over Thanksgiving break. For the last two years I've been sick from Thanksgiving break until early January, and then on and off until the end of March. So, either I have a really bad immune system, or I just keep getting the same thing over and over. Normally its just the Death Hack, as Kenny christened it, with complete lack of energy. But! It always started out with my nose bleeding for long periods of time. Well, much to my horror, my nose has been bleeding a lot recently.
Hark! The sound of the Death Hack creeping through the house! It will strangle me in my sleep one night this week, and keep me home from church and school for the next three weeks. Not... cool.
My only hope is that working at Smoky Mountain has exposed me a lot of different germs, and hopefully I'm building up my immune system again. I suppose being home schooled, I never really got out much, and thus never was exposed to anything other than was in my house or at church. Thus, NSA and Smoky are my only hope. I really don't want to go through all that again.
- Monday -
So Monday should be fun! Its the only day this week that I won't be working, and it'll be the first day since Fall break that I will have been home all day and won't go into Moscow. It'll be really weird.
So naturally, I'm trying to take advantage of that. I'm hopefully going to spend a bit of time with Johnny in the morning! Which will be really good because I haven't really payed much attention to him since school started. Poor little dude. I really shouldn't neglect him like I do, but I just don't have time! I did take him in to get the nail taken out of his tire and get all lubed and oiled and such. So now he runs really smoothly, and I love him for it! He's happy, and I'm happy. But now that his engine is taken care of, I need to take care of the inside of him. He needs to be vacuumed, dusted, washed, and just in general taken care of. He's the coolest car, I'm telling you. So perfect. It makes me happy to think about him. Yay for Johnny!
Mi padre is painting my room, so hopefully I'll be able to move into it on Monday afternoon. It'll be really weird to actually have color on my walls. I've always lived in rooms that were just plain white. Which is good, don't get me wrong! Its just a bit plain. So Dad is painting my room with a grayish blue and gray, so that's really awesome. It looks really good so far, and I can't wait to see the finished look.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment