Friday, November 28, 2008

Mistletoe *

Thanksgiving was yesterday, and I hope you all had a wonderful day!

The fact that Thanksgiving is in the past, however, means that I can (and will!) begin posting Christmas songs! I admit, I had a little trouble deciding which one to post first. Seeing as how Kaleb was right when he said that most Christmas songs are far too overplayed, I'll start with one that is new (as of this year, I think), and hopefully you're not tired of already. Its called Mistletoe and its by the very talented Colbie Caillat! Its not exactly a cheery song, but I love it nonetheless. I love to quote the line "Its not Christmas if the snow don't fall." (Its snowing as I write this, by the way)

Enjoy!

Mistletoe
By Colbie Caillat

Mistletoe - Colbie Caillat

6 comments:

Juliet SN said...

Yay for Christmas songs! I spent the past four hours playing Christmas songs on the piano :)

Love this song.

Curtis said...

While I would agree that some Christmas songs are overplayed, there are some that played a lot for a reason. Songs by Josh Groban, Mannheim Steamroller, Sarah Brown, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra among them. All the same, I am looking forward to hearing some new Christmas music.

Addie said...

I agree with you entirely, Curtis. There *are* good reasons for why those songs are played so much. And I never get tired of them, but I meant that for other people's sakes I wasn't going to start off with one that will get old too fast. I'll probably post one of those tomorrow. ;)

trotter said...

Thank you for being so considerate! I really did enjoy this song, thanks for posting it!

Perhaps my favorite Christmas song this time around the sun (especially since this is the first time I've been away from my family in the time leading up to Christmas) is "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Death Cab for Cutie. Absolutely amazing. Go ahead, give it a listen.
http://www.imeem.com/people/KfnlF/music/BeJhViS6/death_cab_for_cutie_baby_please_come_home/

NB said...

Apparently the *most played* Christmas song is actually "Sleigh Ride." Go figure.

Addie said...

You're welcome, Kaleb. I'm trying. ;) That's a really good song! Thanks for giving me the link! I'll have to post that one sometime soon. Death Cab For Cutie is a great band. :)

And Claire, how did you find that out? Is there a specific version that is played more than others? Its always interesting to see what version is favored by the masses. Take Last Christmas, for example. The original verson (by WHAM) is played like crazy, although I personally prefer Ashley Tisdale's rendition far more. I'll be posting that one soon. :)