Tuesday, November 18, 2008

36 days away

Okay, at the risk of being hated by certain freshmen friends of mine, I won't post this song, but I just want to rant about it for a second.

You know the song I'll Be Home For Christmas? Its all about the promise to be home for Christmas no matter what, and the request for snow and mistletoe and such. Obviously none of those things are there yet, so that implies that there is still plenty of time before Christmas.

There are only 36 days left until Christmas Day. Now, if I had a fiance and I was away from him, I would totally be singing this song now. 36 days away is not too soon to be singing it.

I hope y'all appreciate how much I'm struggling from posting the most amazing version of this song that I found tonight. Josh Groban's version, to be precise. Its wonderful. The best version I've ever heard. I never really liked the song that much before. It was just... a song. But when you hear his version, well, its enough to make you really rethink it. Y'all will understand when I post it for you after Thanksgiving. Until then I'll just struggle like crazy against posting it.

Seriously, though, people. 36 days. That's it. Just think about that for a second. You'll be listening to Christmas songs by tomorrow if you really give it a thought.

2 comments:

Juliet SN said...

*smiles* I love that song, and absolutely *adore* Josh Groban's version. I've been playing Christmas songs for a couple weeks now, lol, but only when Jazz isn't around. She has a strict "only AFTER Thanksgiving" rule about Christmas songs. Poor girl. ;-)

Lots of love to you, thanks so much for praying, dear Faith.

~ J

Addie said...

Ahhhhh!! People like that drive me crazy!! lol Yes, I very much agree; poor Jasmine. She'll understand one day. ;)

Love you too! Take care, Juliet!