If you ask me (which I know you didn't, but I'll tell you anyhow), more songs should be written like this one. With their hit song from last year (I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head), Red Jumpsuit Apparatus has been on a lot of people's watch, everyone just waiting for them to hit it out again.
Well, they did.
Your Guardian Angel is currently one of the (many) hit songs in America, and it's not hard to see why. Starting out softly with just a low cello and guitar, the vocals come in. It's really quiet and calm, and it makes you just want to lean back and listen to every word he says. It starts out, and this is what you hear him saying.
When I see your smile,
Tears run down on my face.
I can't replace...
And now that I'm strong, I have figured out,
How this world turns cold, and it breaks through my soul.
And I know I'll find deep inside me,
I can be the one.
(now here's where the first catch is. As the song bridges over into the chorus, instead of speeding up and getting louder like a lot of other songs will do, ... it slows down. The guitar plays two chords per lyric line, and because it suddenly get even quieter during the chorus, by now they've really got your attention as they hit the main part in their song, and you're really listening now)
I will never let you fall.I'll stand up with you forever.
I'll be there for you through it all.
Even if saving you sends me to heaven.
(here, the cello and guitar pick up again, and continue their calming strumming)
It's okay,
It's okay,
It's okay.
Seasons are changing,
And waves are crashing,
And stars are falling all for us.
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter,
I can show you I'll be the one.
I will never let you fall.
I'll stand up with you forever.
I'll be there for you through it all,
Even if saving you sends me to heaven.
'Cause you're my, you're my,
My true love, my whole heart.
Please don't throw that away.
(Now he finally takes his notes up high, and you know the song is about to change)
'Cause I'm here for you!
Please don't walk away and,
(and now the drums come in, and you suddenly get shivers up your spine just listening to it all)
Please tell me you'll stay here!
I will never let you fall.
I'll stand up with you forever.
I'll be there for you through it all,
Even if saving you sends me to heaven.
The chorus repeats two or three more times, and then fades out. My favorite part in the whole song is listening to the chorus. I love those lyrics. Especially the last line. "Even if saving you sends me to heaven." It's so different. Most bands wouldn't choose to say that. I'm not sure what they would say, but not that. It's a beautiful thing to say, it really is. Maybe it's not exactly filled with sunshine, but its very sacrificial. Or maybe I'm just the kind of girl who gets easily swept away by that sort of thing. Or maybe it's both!
Either way, I love this song. Its strong in a beautiful hard-to-describe kind of way. I was never a fan of that other song of theirs that was a hit, but this one definitely has me glued to my seat whenever I hear it. They did well, and I applaud them for it.
Now, off to bed before I fall any more in love with this song.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment