The first thing that I thought when I woke up this morning was that I loved the light streaming in through my windows. My windows face full East, so the sun comes into my room early in the morning, around 5:30 or so. I love it. The sunrise outside my windows always captivates me, and I have to stand and watch as the sun rises over the peaks of the Blue Mountains on the Eastern horizon.
(Don't make the mistake of thinking that I'm a morning person, though. I certainly am not. I'm quite a night owl, sometimes not getting to bed until after three in the morning simply because I'm not tired and wouldn't be able to sleep.)
I missed the sunrise this morning, though, since I had slept in. So by the time I had opened my eyes, my room was literally filled with light. There's something truly amazing in sunlight. It has the ability to take something ordinary and create something fascinating with it. For example, if the light falls onto an upside-down CD, the CD is then turned into a rainbow of color. Or if it shines through one of my crystal candlesticks on top of my hope chest, the light bounces off it and through it and sends it's own rainbows flying across the room, appearing on the walls and ceiling and floor. How does it do that?
After noticing the time, I jumped out of bed, wondering how I was going to catch up with everything I have to do today. After a late breakfast with Jesse and Kate and my brothers, washed up all the dishes, and then came back up to my room to put on make up and such.
Now, one thing about me is that I simply cannot be in my room without putting on some sort of music. I think there's a line somewhere (in a poem or song or something) that says "she shall have music wherever she goes." Well, that's me! I play or sing music wherever I go, but especially in my bed room. I play the fun songs with great beats, and I play it loud. You can hear it from the kitchen on the floor below me, hehe.
The song that I've been playing on repeat today is So Much Love, which I wrote about last night. I really can't get over the piano in this song. I'm telling you, people, songs with piano as the backbone are amazing. Love Song and Bottle It Up by Sara Bareilles, Summertime by New Kids on the Block, Chariot by Gavin DeGraw, New Soul by Yael Naim, Grace Kelly by Mika, Everything by Michael Buble' ... these songs all have at least one thing in common; they are held together by their piano lines. Is it a surprise, then, that these are some of my favorite songs? No, I should say not.
Anyhow, So Much Love is pretty much blowing me away at the moment, and I think that if I'm not careful, it could very easily become the song of the week! Not that I would mind... hehe.
Today I'll be cleaning the house, getting ready for my parents to come back from Portland, taking my brothers to the pool for the afternoon, going to the dentist for a check up (for the last time, woohoo!), and tonight... I'm making pizza. Booyah!
Life is good, people. The combination of light and music always does this to me. It makes me outrageously happy for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Today is a beautiful day, and I am happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment