Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Count On My Love

A couple nights ago I watched No Reservations with my mom and Liz. It was really good (although I missed the beginning), and I would like to see it again sometime. Now, recently I've been really paying attention to music in movies, but at one point in the movie a song came on that really caught my attention. As soon as a the movie ended, I looked up the soundtrack and found the song. It's by Liz Phair and it's called Count On My Love. The reason it struck me was because it has such a happy and fun sound to it. I've only heard a few other songs by miss Phair, but what I've heard have all been this way. She tends to have a really envigorating and cheerful sound to her songs (those that I've heard anyhow), and I for one love it. So here, ladies and gentlemen, is Count On My Love. (Go look it up and listen to it! Or better yet, buy it!)

Count On My Love
By Liz Phair


Don't know where we'll be tomorrow
But we'll beg and borrow everything we need.
You are standing next to me, where I want to be
Is anywhere you are

Some day if we never said it
We might live to regret it
Come on, don't let us slip away in a daze...

You can count on my love!
An umbrella when it's raining,
When you feel your hope is fading,
You can count on my love

Blue eyes, bluer than the blue sky,
Smiling down like sunshine
Everywhere you are.
For you, I only want the best,
You only have to ask
And I'll be there for you.

Some day if we never said it,
We might live to regret it.
Come on, don't let us fade away in a haze...

You can count on my love!
An umbrella when it's raining,
When you feel your hope is fading,
You can count on my love.
With me you'll feel protected
And you'll never be rejected.
You can count on my love!

You go through your whole life waiting,
But you don't know what you're waiting for.
One day you'll meet somebody
And your whole world now is an open door

You can count on my love!

You can count on my love!
An umbrella when it's raining,
When you feel your hope is fading,
You can count on my love!
With me you'll feel protected,
And you'll never be rejected.
When you need a friend to lean on
You know you never need a reason
To count on my love,
Count on my love.
You can count of my love.

No comments: