There is a spider in my room again. He creeps slowly across the white painted ceiling above my bed (why are they always around my bed?), hoping I won't see him. But my dear Mr. Spider, I cry, you are black! The wall is white. And I? I am not stupid. I can see you as plain as day, sir, and you shall not escape.
I keep an eye on him as I type, but I find my mind wandering. Where did he come from? Where do they all come from? I think they are coming in through my air conditioner. I shall have to spray it with spider repellent. ... is there such a thing?
And then I think God created spiders. Just like he created Man. Spiders are God's creations too. Realizing this, have I the heart to creep up on it with a shoe and end it's life? ... yes, I think I do. After all, no one lives forever. Maybe its time has come! Aha! Yes, I shall have to dispose of it, then. Perhaps I won't kill it, though. Perhaps I'll just catch it in a cup and then throw it out my window? Yes, that sounds like a good plan. But if he makes a break for it... if he doesn't come quietly ... I shall have to take defensive action.
I shall make my move now before he gets too much closer to the end of the wall. I shan't be able to reach him then. Now is the time for action. Off I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment