Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mercy

I love this song. It's awesome. Not to mention her name is hilarious. Duffy. Haha! Anyhow, yes, I like this song very much, so I've decided to show it to y'all. (not that that many people read this anyhow, lol) It almost has an "oldies" feel to it, which is probably part of the reason why I like it so much. Her voice is really cool, it has a very different sort of sound to it. And the percussion is awesome. Yeah. Just listen to it. It's great.

Mercy
By Duffy



I love you,
but I've gotta stay true,
my morals got me on my knees,
I'm begging please stop playing games.

I don't know what this is
but you got me good,
just like you knew you would.
I don't know what you do
but you do it well,
I’m under your spell.

You got me begging you for mercy,
why wont you release me?
you got me begging you for mercy,
why wont you release me?
I said release me...

Now, you think that I
will be something on the side,
but you got to understand
that I need a man
who can take my hand,
yes I do!

I don't know what this is
but you got me good,
just like you knew you would.
i don't know what you do
but you do it well,
I’m under your spell.

You got me begging you for mercy,
why wont you release me?
you got me begging you for mercy,
why wont you release me?
I said you’d better release...

I'm begging you for mercy
you got me begging
you got me begging
you got me begging...

6 comments:

Noble W. said...

AH! I love this song! First time after I heard it I had to go find it. It has *lots* of plays on my computer. :-)

Addie said...

Haha, yes, that's exactly the way it is with me. I bought it on Itunes after I heard it on the radio one day, and I've been listening to it a lot since then. :)

Sleipner said...

You sure have been blogging a lot more this month than in the past. Does your real life have you bored? =)

Ptáček said...

I got this when it was free on iTunes!
i looooooove it.

btw, Faith, I heart your blog muchly.
I read all the time, just so you know--it's just, i'm not inclined to commenting on blogger that much...
but anyway! "faith"full reader here :-p (betcha haven't heard taht one before...;)

Addie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Addie said...

Seth - No, my life is certainly not boring. My life is awesome, as is the music that I listen to. I just can't find it in myself to keep the music to myself. Thus, I post often.

Havilah - Thanks! I'm glad you like my blog! I like it too, oddly enough. ;) Please do feel free to comment, should the spirit move you to. ;)