Sunday, July 06, 2008

So Much Love

Okay, I officially love this song. Like any other pop/rock song, it has electric guitars, drums, and, well, teen vocals. But this song is very different in that it also has saxaphone and a piano in it! The piano is the base of the song. It holds the entire song together. Is the first thing you hear, so you know it's the backbone. The saxaphone is a surprise about half way through the song, like a shiny toy that falls out of a pinjata.

The song is so hopeful and cheery that I can't stop myself from singing along. It has such a beautiful sound to it, with the piano holding it all together, and the drums and guitar backing it up, and the saxaphone jazzing in the back once it joins in.

I love all the lyrics, but particularly the chorus, so I'll only post those (for now).

So Much Love
By Rocket Summer

Oh, I swear, I know, I believe it!
Oh, I can't stop hearing all the singing!
Oh, my soul has never had this feeling!
And it feels like gold!

You got so much love in you,
You got so much love in you,
I'm amazed that I'm talkin' to you!
You look like the songs that I've heard my whole life coming true!

No comments: