I was rather desperate to post something before I go to bed tonight, but my mind is blank and I can't think clear enough to write any good sketches. So I've decided to post a bit from something I wrote a year ago or so. The sketch as a whole is gigantic(those of you who read it when I posted it on here before know that I'm not kidding), but it was so much fun to write. I can still remember what it felt like that night as I sat at my computer. The sentences came at me like bullets, and I wrote them down as fast as I could in order to keep up. It was probably the most that I've ever felt really, well, inspired (I suppose) as I was writing something.
The bit that I've chosen is basically the conclusion of the whole thing. The summing up of it all. The flowers, the trees, the air, the streams... earlier in the writing I had given each of these things their own paragraph, but they're all tied together in these final two paragraphs and gives the reader a good feel of what the rest of it is like.
Anyhow, this is from my sketch called My Garden, and I'm dedicating this post to Juliet. :)
"My garden is beautiful, for my Lord has made it so. The trees and flowers shift as the breezes play among their bases, and their roots run deep. They reach to the skies, and I walk among them in the daytime. The streams fill my garden with a beautiful sound. They laugh and sing as they run over the rocks in their river beds, and I am made glad with their sounds. The air is fresh and clean, and I breathe deeply as I work in my garden. My whole garden is full of life, and my heart is filled with happiness as I work in it. I reap blessing upon blessing, and I tend to my garden. I joy in my work, and I speak of the glory of my Creator.
My Lord walks through my garden. He sees the flowers, how beautiful and delicate they are. He sees the trees, how tall and strong they grow. He hears the streams and joys in the sound. The water runs clear and cool, and is smooth to his touch. He sees the air, how it is full of life. The sky clears at his presence and the sun shines upon my garden. My lord walks through my garden in peace. My Lord sees me working in my garden and is pleased with my work. He speaks to me with a kind voice and tells me my work is good. He speaks to me of blessings thousandfold upon my garden, and of long years of life for me. He heaps blessings upon my head, and my heart is overjoyed."
No comments:
Post a Comment