I hate it when people ask me what my favorite band is. I could never narrow it down to just one; there are far too many groups and artists out there for me to only mention one.
But that was before Viva La Vida or Death And All Of His Friends.
That album is by far my favorite album of all time, and I love every single song on it. Normally there are one or two songs on an album that I don't like very much, and I usually end up skipping them. But its not like that with Death And All Of His Friends. I listen to the entire thing, and it gives me an incredible amount of energy. I've always been amazed by that. So after that CD came out, I knew Coldplay was one of my top five favorite groups.
Well!
Tonight Jedediah (I know you're reading this, Diah) bought Coldplay's new album Prospekt's March for me on iTunes and sent it to me! THANK YOU JEDEDIAH!! I LOVE IT!! I've been listening through the songs, and I liked them all.
But then I heard Rainy Day.
Unfortunately, I was talking to David K. when the song came on. Well, Coldplay + Faith = HUGE ENERGY BOOST/LIFE IS AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL. So David, that was a huge factor of why I started typing in caps and suddenly being thankful for everything. I was listening to Rainy Day, and going crazy over it. I hope I didn't scare you too much, hehe.
So!
I've come to a resolution. Coldplay is my favorite band. Ever. I'll never struggle with that question again because I have an answer!! And its all due to Rainy Day (although Life In Technicolor contributed majorly too).
Rainy Day
By Coldplay
If this song doesn't make you at least smile, then you're lame. I'm sorry, but you are. I mean, seriously? Listen to it, and then look at the title again. They know what they're doing, people. So turn it up!
Thank you, Jedediah!!
3 comments:
Oramos diario por ti. Te queremos mucho, dulcita Fe (Sweet Faith). Bendiciones a toada la familia durante esta estacion navidena. XXOX
Seriously, this EP is incredible. I love it a whole lot. And this song--the first time I heard it, I was amazed. I love how they sing about a rainy day so differently than most people sing about them. Usually, songs about rain are depressing and "I miss you," blah, blah, blah. But THIS...it makes a rainy day sound like a beautiful, joyful thing, which I think they are usually. Love.
You are welcome!! I am glad you liked the album! Rainy day is awesome!! I love the "blue boys" sound.
Like shannon said, finally a song that loves the rain! I think rain is the best weather ever! It is a miracle in itself, and you can't keep from smiling!
I haven't been on much of late, I just read your story. Wow! Glad you are alive!! We are still praying for you around here.
Post a Comment