Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Nothing is always anything."

(... As NSA's Latin professor would say.)

It really is incredible how doing nothing can absolutely wear one out. Work tonight was insanely ssssssllllllllllllllooooooowwwwww, and I hate it when its like that. I thought things were going to pick up when I got a ticket for fifteen salads .... but that was it. Once those were finished, there was nothing to do. I basically killed time for four and a half hours. It was horrible. I know its an addition to my adventures at work, but still, I really don't like days when there is absolutely nothing to do. I was so ready to come home by 5:00 that the next three and a half hours were a huge drag.

It would have been way easier, though, if my friends had been working tonight. But most of them have gone home for Christmas break, which left me with the people I don't know as well, my nemesis, and ... Tenadore, darn it all. I swear, one of these days I'm going to blow up at him.

So, it wasn't my best day. It was the first time that I really was unhappy at work, actually. I just wanted out. But on the other hand, it could have been a lot worse, and I'm very thankful that it wasn't. Life goes on! Christmas is in only a matter of days, and I won't have to work again until after Christmas Day, a fact for which I am thankful.

Merry Christmas, friends.

1 comment:

UndercoverBlonde said...

Addie, I know how you feel. Slow days at work are uberly icky. :-(
But cheer up, fwiendy!! Love ya!!