This year my little family of five (wow that's weird. I still used to saying eight) is celebrating the twelve days of Christmas. Yesterday was the usual huge family party that Christmas Day always is, and that was a blast. I was sooo tired, though, that I actually kept falling asleep randomly throughout the day.
The gifts that I was most excited about were probably the soundtrack to Twilight (thanks George!), a hair dryer (yeah, go ahead. Laugh. I've been using my mom's hair dryer for the past six months, though, so its nice to have my own. And its blue!), and gift cards to Old Navy, Down East, and Pizza Hut (Thanks to Jay, Mom, and Luke and Lizzie).
Last night we (and Kate and Jesse) watched Lethal Weapon (which I think George gave to Dad). It was pretty hilarious. I liked most of it, although I find that watching car wrecks in movies is painful now. lol A bit odd, huh? I guess it kind of makes me relive what it was like in my own wreck. *shrugs* Just a passing thought.
So this morning I slept in until almost noon, since we were all up until 1AM this morning. Upon coming downstairs, though, Mom said she wanted us kids to open our second day of Christmas present. So we did. It was Oceans 13! Total awesomeness. We already had Oceans 12, so now we just need 11, and we'll be all set!
Here's something else cool, though: George got a bass guitar for Christmas! So now we have a little band jamming in the basement. Dad and Robert with their electric guitars, and now George with his bass. He was sooo excited about it too. I'm so happy for him!
And now I need to go get ready for work. Its cool that I get to work the day after Christmas Day, and although I do rather wish I had more time to just be home, I'm happy that my first night back will have me busing (I think. Either that or hosting. Which is okay too). That's my favorite position to work, and its really a blessing when I get to do it.
Have a wonderful second day of Christmas, everyone! God bless you all!
1 comment:
Sounds lovely, Fe! Miss you and love you!
Post a Comment