Monday, September 01, 2008

Summer Rain

I must be on a really strange track these days. Jumping around from hip hop to choral to orchestral to Celtic... my music taste is being random.

Anyhow, I was messing around in my iTunes account a minute ago, and I came across my Hayley Westenra album and immediately knew that I had to post Summer Rain for you all. Miss Westenra has an amazingly clear voice, and hits the high notes like nothing you've ever heard before. And Summer Rain has beautiful instrumental lines too. I LOVE the violins and cellos and drums. You have to play it loud, though, to fully appreciate the amazingness of it all.

Summer Rain
Hayley Westenra


Summer Rain - Hayley Westenra

Days of burning sun
Watch the colours run
Into pools that catch the eye
Disappear as you pass by

You're my summer rain
You're my summer rain
And I know that I'll see you again
And I know that I'll see you again

Hear my prayer
Answer my call
Breathe life into my soul
I am waiting for you to show
Come and hold me so

You're my summer rain
You're my summer rain
And I know that I'll see you again
And I know that I'll see you again

Dreams of a day with you
Fade away...

You're my summer rain
You're my summer rain
And I know and I know and I know that I'll see you again
And I know and I know and I know that I'll see you again
Summer rain
You're my summer rain
And I know and I know and I know that I'll see you again
And I know and I know and I know that I'll see you again
Summer rain
Summer rain

2 comments:

Juliet SN said...

*happy sigh* I love this song :)

Addie said...

Me too! Thank you so much for giving me this CD, Juliet! :D