Friday, September 19, 2008

Viva La Vida *

Oh my word! Its been FOREVER since I posted on here! (...I never, ever exaggerate, by the way) That should prove to y'all that I really am busy, and am not just faking it.

I got a job in the Palouse Mall, and I've been walking from the mall to NSA between work and classes every afternoon. The walk (I clocked it at 25 minutes today ((my record time yet!)) is pretty long, but I love it. On days when I *don't* have choir at 1:30, I can take my time getting there, and don't have to rush it. But on days like Tuesdays and Thursdays and Fridays, I have to really hurry to make it back in time. I get off work at 1:00, usually, and then I have to change into my school clothes in less than five minutes, and then make the long walk back to NSA. Its pretty exciting. I love it. Hehe. Tomorrow, though, I have a full hour between work and math class, so it's cool.

Anyhow! I did have a reason to say all that, believe it or not. It *does* have a connection to my usual music posts. The tie between music and walking for half an hour is my iPod. Oh yes. My iPod (which I have yet to name! Any suggestions? Its definitely a boy, so don't suggest names like Sally or Jane or Becky. ... especially not Becky.) is awesome. I LOVE my iPod. It makes that half hour walk waaaay more fun than it would be if I didn't have it.

Okay, well, this week I've been listening to Coldplay's album Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends a lot! The entire CD is amazing, which is really rare. Usually I only love one or two songs on an album, but this time I love every single one of them. Its so hard to hold myself down and not start dancing as I make my way down the side walk. It'll probably only be a matter of time, though. I've already given in trying to restrain myself from singing along. I sang the entire way today. It was a blast!

So, my favorite song on the Album (although I love them all!) is probably Death And All His Friends. It starts out pretty quiet, and then starts building, and then... yeah, then the fun really starts, and that's when I have trouble keeping myself from dancing. You have to listen to the whole thing, though. Don't stop it after you hear the slowness of the beginning. Good things come to those who wait. Or something like that.

Death And All His Friends
By Coldplay

Death And All His Friends - Coldplay

So that's Death And All His Friends. You've got the tambourine in there, and if you want some more of that (and some really cool drum beats too!) then you DEFINITELY need to listen to Lost!

Lost!
By Coldplay

Lost! - Coldplay

Cool, que no? Si, it definitely is.

Now I present to you Cemeteries Of London. It too has got one of the coolest beats ever once it gets going.

Cemeteries Of London
By Coldplay

Cemeteries Of London - Coldplay

And now we get to Technicolour. Oh my word. Coldplay really did some amazing things with this one. Its the first track on the album so this is the first thing you would hear of this CD if you were to listen to it for the first time. I love this song. It has some of the best bass ever, if you have good speakers.

Life In Technicolour
By Coldplay

Life in Technicolour (Rough Cut) - Coldplay

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a great CD. :-) These are some good songs, although Yes is definetely my favorite. And Strawberry Swing comes second.

I love reading your blog, Faith.