Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Henry's Gift

I want to write a story for Henry. Actually, I want to write many stories for him. But I've never written a child's book before, and I'm finding it to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. Its easier to write a dramatic adventure story than it is to write a children's book! How weird is that? You'd think it would be the other way around but lo and behold, its not!

I already have most of one written that I can give him. George and I started writing it about a year and a half ago just for fun. George wanted me to teach him how to write a story, so we started writing a story about a worm who wanted to see the sun (worms have no eyes, you see). The worm, who's name has slipped my mind, eventually comes to the conclusion that if he wore sunglasses, he could see the sun! That's where we left off. Its totally inaccurate, but its cute and was fun to write. So George and I decided to finish it and dedicate it to little Henry. It would be so great if we could get it bound, but I have no idea how to go about doing that, so yeah. I might have to resort to simply stapling it for now.

I want it illustrated too. I'm horrible at drawing, though. Perhaps I could get someone to draw pictures for me.

And I know what you're thinking! "Faith is so demanding about this! Does everything have to be perfect?!" The answer is YES!! Everything *does* have to be perfect! This is for Henry! His birthday present! I do want it to be perfect.

Anyhow, I'll be working on that story for the next few days, and hopefully starting some new ones too, so that Aaron and Emily can read them to him soon.

I'm going to love being an aunt. I'm probably going to spoil my little nephew, haha! Since Kate is married and Liz will be soon too and will have their own households to watch over, I'm hoping that I'll be Henry's babysitter when Aaron and Emily want to go out to dinner or something. Henry and I will chill together, hehe.

I'll be posting pictures of him soon! God bless you all!

2 comments:

Juliet SN said...

Children stories *are* hard to write, lol, especially when you want them to be just perfect. I know Henry will treasure yours :) Can't wait for pictures!!

The Goode Wife said...

Oh, how fun! Being an Aunt is so much fun! You are so blessed to be living in the same town as your sisters. Have a fabulous time with your little nephew!