I'm in the mood for jazz tonight. But not just any jazz. It has to have a great beat, catchy lyrics, and someone with a really good voice. Hm.... *contemplates for a moment* ... AHA! I know exactly what song to post for y'all!
Her name is Michaelangela Wilson, and yes, she is related to my pastor. She is his neice. Anyhow, she's a really good singer, and she just came out with a new album about a month ago. This song, Portland Rain Song, is from that album. I LOVE this song.
Portland Rain Song
By Michaelangela
Stepping off the curb to 23rd avenue,
I feel a strong sensation in my shoe,
I've landed ankle deep in the China Sea,
And the Portland rain has had its way with me
Stop rainin, it won't stop raining,
Keep rainin, it just keeps raining
Stop raining, it won't stop rainin,
Keep rainin, it just keeps rainin.
I need a man to lay down coats for me,
A man who understands real chivalry,
But I am stuck here with my soggy feet,
While the Portland rain has had its way with me
Oh, why is it pouring on self sufficiency?
Independence promised so much glamour for me.
Rain and my position aren't melting together.
Why do I have to tolerate this weather?
I have resolved to find some peace of mind,
And kick my feet up now just to unwind.
Except there's no requirement to be posh
In my brand new pair of red galoshes.
Oh, why is it pouring on self sufficiency?
Independence promised so much glamour for me.
Rain and my position aren't melting together.
Why do I have to tolerate this weather?
I have resolved to find some peace of mind,
And kick my feet up now just to unwind.
Except there's no requirement to be posh
In my brand new pair of red galoshes.
Stop rainin, it won't stop rainin,
Keep rainin, it just keeps rainin,
Stop raining, it won't stop rainin,
Keep rainin, it just keeps rainin.
No comments:
Post a Comment