My sister Molly posted this song on her blog a while ago and I ran across it the other night while I was reading through her posts. My sister Emily owns the album that this song is on, but obviously after she got married she took the CD with her. Thus, its been a long time since I've heard anything by Nickel Creek.
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy listening to them. Out of the Woods and The Hand Song and The Lighthouse' Tale and The Fox capture their sound perfectly. I already posted The Hand Song, and everyone knows The Fox, and The Lighthouse' Tale depresses everyone(but me), so I've decided to post Out Of The Woods. Its very calm and peaceful, so I've been listening to it a lot over the past few days. The harmony and lyrics are very pleasing when one is in a calm mood. Obviously if you're feeling really pumped, I would tell you to go listen to Queen's We Will Rock You, but at present that is a song for another day ...
Out Of The Woods
By Nickel Creek
I wish you out of the woods
And into a picture with me
I wish you over the moon
Come out of the question and be.
If this is gonna run round in my head
I might as well be dreaming
run round in my head.
I roller coaster for you
Time out of mind must be heavenly
Its all enchanted and wild
Its just like my heart said it was gonna be.
If this is gonna run round in my head
I might as well be dreaming
run round in my head.
6 comments:
That's probably one of my favorite songs by Nickel Creek. I've found their music to be SO peaceful and relaxing that its effect amazes even me. Great choice of tunz ^_^
JOOOOOOON! I haven't seen you on Blogger in FOREVER! Welcome back! :)
Yes, I agree. I like this whole album a lot. They have such an interesting sound. I can't decide exactly what genra to classify them as. :) Thanks for the comment!
Yay for Nickel Creek. I think I survived sophomore year on that stuff. And an unprecedented amount of Christmas music. ;)
oh, this is Lydia, btw :)
Aww, thanks for posting this Faith. This is a great Nickel Creek song! :)
Whoa! Three comments in the past three hours! Haha!
Hi Lydia!! Thanks for the comments! Yes, I seem to remember you playing quite a bit of christmas music during your sophomore year. ;)
Thanks for inspiring me to post it, Molly! :D
Post a Comment