My first attempt at poetry.
Consciousness gone
My head reels in darkness
Until the dawn
Unable to fight it.
Where is my wall?
Where is my fortress?
When will the call
of victory reach me?
Monsters and heroes.
Knights brave and true,
Battle their foes
Though often they lose.
Where does it end?
And does it at all?
My nights I would spend
Free from nightmares.
Then comes the dawn
Then the sun rises
The darkness is gone
and with it my fear.
I am free.
5 comments:
You say you can't write poetry... I like it. :-)
That was composed in five minutes. I'm pretty much disgusted with it, because I'm sure I can do better. :-/
Thanks, though, Clayton. I'm glad my first poem wasn't a *complete* failure. :)
Lol, of course you can do better. But as a "stab in the dark" it wasn't bad. It would be interesting if you tried to re-work it, make it even better?
Nice! I definitely enjoyed that bit of poetry! I really like the Monsters and Heroes stanza...it flows well with the rhythm. Ya know, it's also kind of funny to read through this poem by you, 'cause I wrote about pretty much the same subject with some similar conclusions awhile back. A Shackled Sun an Emancipation are the two works that I posted that are similar. I just think it's funny that two minds can go the same direction and get similar results :-) Funny =]
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Clayton. I'll have to try reworking it sometime. :)
Oh that's right, Jon! I remember reading those, and they *are* very similar. Well, just so you know, I wasn't trying to copy you. *grins*
Post a Comment