Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pre-wedding hype

My sister will be married in 35 hours. She will no longer be Elizabeth Callihan; she'll be Elizabeth Nieuwsma. How weird is that? I changed her name in my phone today, so now it says "Incoming call from Liz Nieuwsma". It kinda freaked me out for a split second the first time she called me after that, hehe.

I'm so excited for her, though! This crazy, wild feeling of total and complete joy for her ... well, its the exact same feeling I had before Emily and Kate's wedding back in December. That was *by far* the most fun wedding I've ever been in/to. Now we'll just have to see if Luke and Liz's wedding can top it. The Nieuwsma family really knows how to party, and so do we Callihans, so maybe it *will* top Emily and Kate's wedding. That would be amazing, but I somehow doubt it. Emily and Kate's wedding was a really rare one; no one has double weddings anymore. The guests experienced a once in a life time thing, I think.

For the past hour or so I've been sitting on the floor in my room making Liz's rehearsal bouquet. (hopefully I'll get some pictures of it before it gets taken apart) Its a tradition for the bride's rehearsal bouquet to be made out of the ribbons and bows and such that come on the gifts at all her different bridal showers. And the duty fell to me to put it all together and turn it from "a paper plate and a bunch of stuff" into something beautiful. I made Kate's bouquet, so I've had some practice by now, thankfully. Liz's is turning out really well, too, so I'm proud of it.

Luke's bachelor party was tonight, as was Liz's bridesmaids party. I've no idea what happened over at the guys' party, but at Liz's party we carved pumpkins out for the reception (I think there's going to be flowers in the pumpkins, or something), ate popcorn and white chocolate, carmeled apple slices, Danish doughnuts, and candy corn(booyah!), and opened our gifts from Liz (the most lovely jewelry!), and watched It Happened One Night. It was really fun for Liz to get together with her six bridesmaids and just have some girl time before the wedding. She was happy.

After we got home (around 11:15), I was amazingly hyper. I was really hyper right before Emily and Kate's wedding too, so at least "we" are staying consistent(ish). I was literally bouncing in my chair, pretty much head-banging to my music, and laughing as I was talking to friends on IM. I have far too much energy still. And the funny thing is that I have to get up in six hours to do morning devotions with my family! There's no way I'm going to be able to sleep very much tonight. There's way too much happening this week for me to be able to calm down. I'm so happy about life in general that I just can't help being amazingly happy about it all.

1) The wedding is in 34 hours!
2) Jerusalem term is over!
3) I have AMAZING friends!
4) I didn't have to quit my job after all!
5) Two words: Blue chucks!!

So much joy is exploding from me tonight. Its amazing, and I *love* feeling this. It makes me think, though... if I'm this happy for Liz's wedding, how much more happy will I be for my own wedding? And however shall I bear it!

The wedding, by the way, is going to be broadcasted live, so y'all should watch for that. If I have time, I'll post the link for y'all and hope you can come watch it live, but if I don't have access to a computer in time, then you'll just have to forgive me and look at pictures on facebook.

God bless, y'all!

1 comment:

Josiah Truax said...

Ah yes... the list! *beams* Blue chucks are where it's at!

JScott