Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Praying for Juliet

Why is it that the blessed and most glorious have it hardest sometimes?

One of my very best friends from high shcool is in terrible need of prayer. I just found out that she went to the ER the other night (either because of the lingering MRSA infection she's been dealing with or some other infection), possibly to be hospitalized(for who knows how long?). She's been through so much already through her life, and especially over the past year.

My friend Juliet, was the light and joy of my class. She was the one who was *always* cheerful and bouncy. She was the hardest worker of all of us, finishing the assignments way before they were due, and moving on even! She is just now almost 17 and has been taking college classes for years. She knows Spanish, Greek, Latin, Hebrew, and ... French too?? She plays the harp. She sings. She plays the piano like no one I've ever heard before. She played and I sang many duets together this past summer, and I shall never, ever forget that. I have never once in the four years that I've known her, seen her angry or depressed. She is always talking about how gracious the Lord is. And even if she didn't speak of it, it would show in every movement she makes. Every thing about her just screams that she is a strong believer, and it is a truly beautiful thing to see. Juliet is always cheerful, no matter what. She is the one I would have gone to Mexico with next summer. My roommate, my classmate. My inspiration and example.

Why, then, must she bear this? Why her?? Couldn't it have happened to any us instead? True, she is bearing it incredibly well, still laughing and smiling. But I wish with all my heart I could take the pain from her and carry it myself. She doesn't deserve this. No one deserves anything good, but if any of us did, it would be Juliet.


I'm praying for you, Juliet. And I love you. More than you know. The Lord is watching over you now, and He will bring you safely through. The Lord bless you and keep you, and make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen. Juliet we love you SO much!

Shannon said...

Praying with you, of course, Faith. Ditto all your words about our dear friend. :-)

Clayton said...

yes. all I can say is yes. :-/