Three battles.
One among the stars and between the constellations
Another beneath the trees and around the sand dunes
And a third among the underwater waves, among the caverns of the deep.
Twice they are caught in shackles and made to obey
But iron is of Man, and it bends to the will of the strong.
And the world turned 'round.
A second battle is fought among the depths
People of the sea come to my aid and I am not alone
Sword and spear, rope and chain
The air moves in slow motion as water swirls in green and blue around us
Reflections of trial and triumph
I am the conquered one now.
And the world turned 'round.
Four bands wrap themselves around my wrists
Diamonds of ice grow upon the bands and
I fight but cannot break free.
In the depths of the sea the indentured rebelled.
The Emerald gates set them free
While willing ships awaited them anchored in beds of seaweed.
And the world turned 'round.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment