I don't really know if I can peg one certain genra for prose-writing, but I've noticed that it tends to lean toward the electronic... and somewhat mystical side of music. Think Owl City and Enya here, people. Songs like On My Way Home, Only If, Rainbow Veins, Strawberry Avalanche, and Fireflies seem to inspire me.
It has to be happy but colorful, and I find that songs like these have a somewhat magical of sound to them(which is usually what I shoot for when I write prose), and I know that sounds cheesy but its true. They really do. It helps if the lyrics are vibrant too, so thats where Owl City comes in. I still think they have the best lyrics out there.
I do know that there are times and places for every genra, though. I couldn't write my more funny pieces to artists like Enya and Owl City. And I do need those pieces, so yeah, thats where groups like Rascal Flatts, Good Charlotte, Paramore, and Neo come in. I just can't write prose to them.
So, who (or what) inspires your writings?
On My Way Home
By Enya
Fuzzy Blue Lights
By Owl City
Only If
By Enya
1 comment:
I've found that a number of Bach's fugues arranged for string quartet are fantastic to write to. I usually write to a quartet arrangement of 'Art of Fugue.' Ambient electronic/techno also works well...
I have a really hard time writing poetry to music, though. Do you write poetry to anything in particular?
Post a Comment