Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vermilion World

Twice called, twice I turned a deaf ear
I finally bend to the earth.
Ships pass saluting with explosions of metallic gray
Flags hang from horizontal planes
A million dialogues blend into a strawberry swirl
Words I utter echo off beams of oak.
And the world turned 'round.

Unnumbered quests guardianed by watermarked papyrus scrolls.
Starships and aquatic armies breathe the breath of a conqueror.
Trace the dots, and dig on the Xs,
Kingdoms and principalities.
Beat the setting sun, follow the horizon
Constellations dance in brilliance as darkness crushes us in his weight
And the world turned 'round.

Two captains with hearts of steel and minds of iron
Soldiers under the influence of a piece of signed paper
Indentured. Unwilling.
We are a rabid band in pursuit of nothing.
Failed attempts, hope of success is gone,
And steel hearts and minds of iron turn against me
And the world turned 'round.


To be continued...

2 comments:

David K said...

Wow. That's amazing.

Addie said...

Thank you David. :)