EXACTLY at 7:00 this evening my phone started ringing. I snapped out of my deep stupor (I'd been making an attempt to make up all the sleep I'd lost this week in two hours) and flailed around with the covers for a moment, trying to orient myself to find my phone. Having located my nightstand, I grabbed the phone and glanced at it. Incoming call from Noble Wright, it said. Yay! I haven't heard from her in a few weeks, so I was happy.
But what she told me wasn't really what I had been expecting. "I'M ENGAGED!" At those words, I literally jumped out of bed and pretty much screamed. "OH MY GOSH!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!" I had to ask how Noel proposed, of course, and get the description of the ring, and listening to her talking about it and hearing the joy in her voice was so wonderful. She sounds so happy, and I could hear Noel commenting in the background, so he was right there with her. :)
After we hung up, I sat on my bed for a moment thinking. I'm so happy for Noble. She's been one of my best friends for the past four years, despite the fact that she lives near the Washington coast, and I remember how happy she was last September when Noel started courting her. She's only become more happy and joyful in the months following. Noble is the first one from my Great Books class to be courted and now she's also the first to get engaged. Watching how amazingly well she has handled everything is wonderful and a blessing to see.
Noble, I know you're reading this, and I want you to know that I am so incredibly happy for you. Noel is getting a truly amazing woman, and I'm so happy for both of you. I love you very much, and I'll be praying for you as you begin the plans for your life together. God bless you both!
Let My Love Open The Door
By Sondre Lerche
1 comment:
Great post, Faith!
I love this song, too! What a nice way to start off the morning!
(And now, enough with the exclamation points...I'd better get to work.)
Post a Comment