Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Blessing of Words 3

My brother in law's brother (my brother in law once removed?? Haha!) wrote this poem, and I especially like the rhyming at the end the third and forth lines. It's short, but it serves it's purpose well.

If I had a wish today
I would change the color of the sky
Red, yellow, green, and blue
That is what I would do

~ By Andy Sumpter

How is it that some people are born with the blessing of composing poetry without hindrance, while the rest of us stand around and cannot produce so much as a limerick? Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of my friends and their ability to use their gifts well. Its just interesting when you really think about it. Some people are blessed with the ability to use their words incredibly well.

And what about the rest of us? Well we can be the ones to cheer them on. Therefore, great job, Andy! Don't stop composing! :)

3 comments:

The Goode Wife said...

Isn't poetry wonderful? I really enjoy it as well. Hope you are doing well!

Addie said...

Hi Molly! Thanks for the comment! I'm doing great, thanks! How's your family? I hope all the Sumpters are doing well these days. :)

Andy said...

Thanks! I just made it up on the spot. I didn't think it was all that great, but I am glad you like it. I do that alot, just make something up on the spot.:)