Thursday, October 19, 2006

From Strangers to Friends

Kate, Liz, and I walked into the Field House for our auditions for the Sound of Music. A girl gave us a paper to fill out, and sent us to sit down among a bunch of other people sitting in rows of chairs facing east. We didn't know any of them. I avoided eye contact, only thinking about how awful I was going to sound in my audition. We filled out our papers, handed them back to the girl, and sat down again to wait our turns. I remember that one guy kept walking in circles around the chairs. It was rather distracting(and a little annoying, I'll admit), so I tried not to pay much attention to him. About ten minutes later he sat down backwards in his chair, facing everyone else. I heard him say something like "to shake things up a bit", and tried not to laugh.
Now, I look back on that night and I can remember who all was there. I've met everyone now. I know them. They're no longer strangers, but instead they've become fellow nuns. They've become Maria and the Children and the Captain. They've become those funny Nazis goose-stepping around the auditorium. They've become the director, assistants, and voice instructors. They've become Franz, telling hilarious storys. They've become dancing partners and party guests.
In short, they've become friends. Friends that I wouldn't have thought possible to gain as quickly as we did. And now I begin to realize that I shall miss them all very much when this is over.
The calendar says that it shall all be over in a little over three weeks. But that doesn't seem real. I can't imagine loosing friends in that short amount of time. Is is possible? I know that it is, but I just can't get the feel of it. To think that I shall never see many of these people again is hard to think about. Not because it's sad, but because it just doesn't seem real.
I shall miss them all.

4 comments:

Daniel Alders said...

That's true... Faith. Good post! But don't worry... I'll still be around... wait. You knew me before... ah yes, that's the difference.

Erin said...

I know........it's so sad, I haven't seen any Beauty and the Beast pals since the cast party.....

Dorothy Plaza BSN, RN, DPP Master Trainer said...

That is really sad. I am sad and I don't even know who they are! Just take lots of pictures and make memories :). I hope everything is going well.

Addie said...

Daniel - lol Thanks for reasuring me. I almost forgot that you weren't leaving. ;) See ya tomorrow!

Erin - Really? You haven't seen anyone from Beauty and the Beast? Wow. Sorry! *hugs Erin*
Oh! Speaking of people from the Beauty and the Beast, guess who joined the Sound of Music! George! When I saw him I leaned over to Liz and said, "Dude! It's Gaston!" lol

Cristina - lol *hugs Cristina too* yes, everything is going very well indeed. Tonight we had our first Full Run, and everything went very well! We pretty much changed the party scene completely, though, and that we rather sad. But I did learn West Coast Swing which has made me incredibly happy! :) See ya on Sunday!