Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm thankful for

2010


I'm thankful for thick blankets and electricity, which we so often take for granted.
I'm thankful for Mexican restaurants, predictable waiters, and parental chats.
I'm thankful for Safeco Fields and Space Needles.
I'm thankful for Dr. Erb and the NSA choir.
For that matter, I'm thankful for the voice I have, and for being a soprano.

I'm thankful for my job at Hall Closet.
I'm thankful for part numbers and a thousand similar passwords
I'm thankful for Montrose Academy, and my ability to teach science.
I'm thankful for my four wonderful students.
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm thankful for my car, Jimmy.

I'm thankful for gas prices and speedy Les Schwab workers.
I'm thankful for road trips and two week CA vacations.
I'm thankful for doctor appointments and x-rays.
I'm thankful for dentists and wisdom teeth.
Come to think of it, I'm thankful for vicodine and ibuprofen.

I'm thankful for my family and boarders.
I'm thankful for pianos and guitars.
I'm thankful for my newest nephew, Beowulf, and my niece, Sophia.
And I'm thankful for my biggest nephew, Henry.

I'm thankful for the Wheelers.
I'm thankful for my boyfriend.
I'm thankful for his jokes and questions and advice.
I'm thankful for cell phones and email.
I'm thankful for the San Francisco Giants.
While I'm at it, I'm thankful for The Beard.

I'm thankful for good food and good company.
I'm thankful for snow storms on Thanksgiving
I'm thankful for Black Friday and my mother who's the best shopper out there.
I'm thankful for red candles and blue bottles.
I'm thankful for cheese drawers and egg shells in cake.
In fact, I'm thankful for burnt croutons and flour on the floor.

I'm thankful for Colbie Caillate, Anberlin, Sherwood, Cee Lo Green, Corinne Baily Rae, and Usher.
I'm thankful for Cristina, Nathan and Julie, Ethan, Parker, Hannah, Grace Anne, Juliet, Rex, Micaela, Claire, Risa, Chad and Sara, Katie Jo, Jeff, Robin, Pete, Gary, and my Zack.
I'm thankful for Corbin, Kasey, and Sam.

I'm thankful that I even *have* things to be thankful for!

God is very good. Praise Him!

7 comments:

NB said...

Alleluia, amen.

Risa said...

I am so thankful for you too!! Your post made me smile....and laugh about the vicodine. Sooo true. lol. *hugs*

Addie said...

Hehe, I'm glad it made you smile and laugh, Risa. :) I'm surprised you read the whole thing, actually. It's pretty long.

Thanks, ladies!

Marty Wheeler said...

Ha Ha! Go Wheelers! and The Beard! Convey to Zack that as his long lost cousin...I approve! Can't wait to meet you in a month! =)

Addie said...

Hi Marty! Haha, thank you! I will convey it to him indeed. ;) Thanks for the comment, see you after Christmas! :)

Di said...

Thankful for you, dear Faith. And that my nephew is commenting on your blog (-:

Love you,
Mama W.

Addie said...

I'm thankful for that as well, Mama W. I'm very blessed with lots of Wheelers around me now. :) Love you too.