Everyone seems to be waiting for something. A call, an answer, a job, a flight, a friend; everyone waits for something. And I don't think I'm the only one who finds waiting to be a struggle. So here's something that Elisabeth Elliot blessed me with in her book again.
"S.D. Gordon, in his Quiet Talks on Prayer, describes waiting. It means:
Steadfastness, that is holding on;
Patience, that is holding back;
Expectancy, that is holding the face up;
Obedience, that is hold one's self in readiness to go or do;
Listening, that is holding quiet and still so as to hear.
How long, Lord, must I wait?
Never mind, child. Trust Me."
Waiting isn't easy, yes. But remember that struggling while waiting means that patience is absent. Patience is a hard thing to learn because it requires patience to learn it. How can you join a circle like that? By all of the above. Hold on, hold back, look up, be ready, and listen quietly.
"Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
Psalm 27:14
2 comments:
Very true... thank you for posting this, Faith. Patience is very valuable.
Beautiful. Thanks, Faith. :)
Post a Comment