Thursday, October 01, 2009

When things change

We live life in a pattern.
Woven with people and events,
We count on it to stay the same,
With only slight changes here and there.

What happens when things change?
Can you get used to it?
The pattern is different, but am I?
Can I get used to it?

I haven't seen you for a long time.
Where are you, and are you happy?
I'm so used to having you here.
Are you alright?

This applies to so many.
Lives of people we knew,
Fallen into the shadows of the past.
Can we say that we know them anymore?

Did he marry that girl?
Did she get that cast off?
Did he get that job?
Did they buy that house?

Do I even know you anymore?

Why did you fall out of my life?
We used to be so close.
I counted on you, like you counted on me,
But now you're gone.

God bless their relationship.
God heal her.
God grant him the job he needs.
God give them a home.

God grant me faith.
Wherever you are,
Wherever they are,
You're in his hand.

And always will be.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

1 comment:

Mister Mark said...

This is really nice, Addie.

I think those things all the time.