Saturday, August 01, 2009

Hill Abbey 2009

Gray Augustine books

Red plastic cups

Sharpies

Crowded bedrooms

Who's Got Your Money

Piano, violin, and guitar music

Blonde jokes and hot chocolate

Long walks

Sprinklers

Colbie Caillat

Caravaning to Bucers

Early mornings (ish)

Courtship conversations until 1:30AM

I Gotta Feeling

Calling Juliet

Trappist hours (shhh)

Sitting on the kitchen floor

Theological conversations

Licorice

The Hill Abbey Bell

4 comments:

Juliet SN said...

*smile* Love you, Faith :)

Clayton said...

So this is what my post after us getting together this spring sounded like to people who weren't there... Dang.

Daniel said...

Well, I quit facebook for two main reasons.

1) It's a blackhole for free time.
2) I think it encourages bad thinking habits with regards to friendships and other relationships. I found myself talking with people on facebook--not because I actually valued their friendship--but because they were more entertaining to talk to than this or that person. And I found that it was very easy to ignore or avoid my real friends for people who were more entertaining online. Plus, I was really tired of feeling like I didn't really know alot of my 'friends' like I should. I stopped talked to people about their interests; I would go to their profile to save time. Facebook has all these annoying shortcuts to friendship, and I don't think they're helpful.

So, if I had been able to not let it steal so much time and if I hadn't ALWAYS used its friendship shortcuts, I'd probably still be on. But those are my reasons in a...well, I suppose that wouldn't fit in a nutshell, and I suppose a coconut shell is too big. Easter egg. Those are my reasons in an Easter egg.

Cheers!

Sarah said...

:D I can imagine through knowing Courtney what these weeks have been.... this gives me confirmation of it. ;D