Last night I was bored and didn't really have anything to do, so I sat down at the computer and just began to write. I had been thinking about that story that pastor Wilson had written about how a girl's heart is like a garden, so I suppose that was somewhere in the front of my mind when I began writing, for I found myself writing about a garden.
I'm not sure what it is, though, because it isn't a story. Its more like poetry of some kind. But it doesn't rhyme and doesn't have any meter to it. Me writing poetry is like saying that the goodyear blimp could fly underwater. Writing poetry is impossible for me. So, it can't really be poetry.
I'm writing it in the style that the Song of Solomon was written. Short sentences and in first person. I love writing in first person. Its so much easier to just put the words in my own mouth, rather than a made up character's mouth. Things come so much easier when I'm writing for myself.
But I think I've reached a writers block. I've come to a part where I have to write about grass twice in two different paragraphs. I have to say basically the same thing in both paragraphs, just in different ways and from different perspectives. But what is there to say about grass? I can do it with flowers and trees and water and air, but grass? What does grass do? There's just not much you can write about grass.
I think I'll go make some tea, listen to a thunderstorm, and turn on Keane's song called Sunshine. That usually helps me to think when I get stuck.
3 comments:
Hope your writer's block lifts. Maybe Keane's song will melt the snow too, lol. :)
Thanks! Yeah, it lifted about an hour after I had posted that, and I finished writing the story/poem the same night! Hooray! I really like it, too. It's pretty cool. :)
lol! Yeah, I tried, but my computer speakers don't go up very loud, so... yeah. But I think I took care of the snow with The Ultimate the other day. The snow is now all gone! Hooray! ;)
Thanks for the comment!!!
:-) I read this post earlier and was going to come back and comment, but I forgot. Then, Sunshine popped up on my playlist :-P I had no idea that you liked that song! Keane has some really good music out, and Sunshine is definitely a favorite of mine :-) Glad that your fog lifted! Cheerio :-)
Post a Comment