So... the next Windy is in April. Two months from tomorrow, actually. And I've already started working on what I'm going to wear. Can you say obsession? ;)
Actually, I've loved to dance ever since I was really little. Mom made me a little black skirt with white polka dots and flowers on it when I was three or so, and I used to wear it every time I danced. Of course, I was so young that I didn't really know how to dance. So, I twirled. I used to *love* to twirl in that skirt. Mom would put on some Glen Miller music, and I would twirl until I couldn't stand up anymore. I would get so dizzy. :)
Then, when I was four, my family had a 4oth anniversary party for my grandparents. There was music playing, although mostly it was classical. Then some Glen Miller music came on, and I went dashing through the house up to my room. I grabbed my skirt, pulled it on, and then ran back downstairs to the living room and began twirling like crazy. I don't really remember much since it was so long ago, but I do remember twirling along the edge of the carpet. There is a sort of design that runs along the edge of it, and I used to twirl in circles along that border, like it was a pathway. I remember looking down and watching it, trying to stay in line with it. :)
That was about thirteen years ago. I'm almost seventeen now and I still love to dance every bit as much as I did then. (Which is why I can get pretty crazy at the Windys, hehe...) I doubt I've lost any of that enthusiasm for dancing that I was born with. Dad even nicknamed me chickita divida delegre. That's how it's pronounced anyhow(not sure how it's spelled). It's Spanish and means something to the effect of "party girl"(I think. *glances at Cristina*). I think it fits me pretty well. :)
So, with the Windy coming up in two months, I've been thinking quite a bit about it lately. What dress I'll wear, what I'll do with my hair, and trying to think up ways to keep me calm until then. Y'all wouldn't believe how excited I'm getting. lol For some reason I have this feeling that this Windy is going to be one of the best yet! I have no idea why I think that, I just do. It's going to have to be really great, though, to beat the windy that we did in the ice rink in 2005. That was by far the best one yet, and although many have come close to being more fun, none have quite matched it yet. But this one might, and I rather hope it does. They seem to get better as I get older. :)
Well, whether or not it is more fun than the one in 2005, I'll still have a blast. I mean, come on! I'll be dancing, won't I? And I'll get to do lots of twirling too, if I get asked to do the Polka.
Yes, I live life in the fast lane.
1 comment:
......you are fabulous.....remember romans 12:19-21.
Post a Comment