I've jumped, with all my heart and mind. Its a new world, you know. A meeting of physicality with song, counts beat in your head with rhythmic step. The grace of motion, denied to me in life, beckons with irresistible smile. Watch a flame leap toward the sky, ever longing, never reaching, with earnest desire and hope. World falls away. I am conscious only of the dance. May it never stop.
Following brings joy, elation with a sudden twirl. The floor falls away, leaving only air and a lasting happiness. Over and over again, almost-perfect. Still I dream of grace, but halting steps forever bar the way. The sure, steady hand of my partner ties me to earth. This moment is life, bright life in turning red and jeans. Momentum falls away, leaving concrete steps that slow down bit by bit.
And the music stops.
Prose by Juliet San Nicolas
Photography by Faith Callihan
1 comment:
I love this. :-)
Post a Comment