Thursday, March 05, 2009

Chichester Psalms *

Probably the biggest piece that we're working on in the NSA choir are the Chichester Psalms, by Leonard Bernstein. Its proving to be AMAZING, and I think everyone loves them. Singing in Hebrew is not easy (Heh, especially when the tempo is insanely fast, right basses and tenors?), but we're doing pretty well for it being our first time.

So, here's the second movement, Psalm 23, for y'all to get some idea of what we worked on in choir today. Check out what the bases and tenors do! They're doing really well, though. Its so cool to listen to them. Y'all really should hear the first part to this, though. I swear it'll blow your socks off. Its insanely powerful right from the start. I can't wait to perform that one!

Anyhow, if y'all like what you hear, and live within reasonable distance, you should come hear us perform this and several other pieces on April 21. Its not going to be something y'all are going to want to miss.

Enjoy it!

Chichester Psalms
Psalm 23
Part 2



4 comments:

David K said...

I really really wish I was in choir... :(

Unknown said...

Chichester is so much fun! But you are right... it is very hard to pronounce at top speeds. :)

I cant't wait to sing it too!

The Goode Wife said...

That's interesting in light of the fact that my Dad and Jeremy just got back from Israel. They got a lot of practice speaking Hebrew! Keep up the good work!

David said...

Daniel F commenting here from David's laptop:

Did you know the video is up?

http://www.foucachon.com/nsa_spring_concert/