Monday, March 10, 2008

This year's theme song?

Hey, do any of y'all know of any songs in which they say something about being 18? For the last few years I've been able to find songs in which they talk about being whatever age I was. I can't remember what the songs were for when I was 14 and 15, but obviously when I was 16 I had the oldies song called something like "Sixteen Candles" and also "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" from the Sound of Music. Last year my theme song was "Dancing Queen" by Abba, because in the chorus it goes, "dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen". Even if it hadn't mentioned the age, it still could have totally been my theme song (seeing as how I love to dance).

So, what about this year? Can any of you think about a song where they mention being 18? I can only think of one song. That song is Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved".


Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else

I drove for miles and miles
And wound up at your door
I've had you so many times
but somehow I want more

I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile

And she will be loved
She will be loved

Tap on my window knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I tend to get so insecure
It doesn't matter anymore

It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along, yeah
My heart is full and my door's always open
You can come anytime you want

I don't mind spending everyday
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile

And she will be loved, etc.

It goes on and on for a little while, and although it's a sweet song, ... it's Maroon 5. Not a good band, y'all. Not to mention, it's not exactly the most peppy song in the world. lol I would prefer to not have a depressing song as my theme song, know what I mean?

So, if any of y'all know of any other songs, let me know! I've got three more days before my birthday, so I guess I've still got a little time to figure out what song to have for my theme song this year.

3 comments:

Juliet SN said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




*hugs you*


I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful, phantasmagorical day! :D I love you so much!

Horace said...

Its too late for your birthday, but how about the song: Ocean Avenue?

"There's a place on the corner of Cherry Street, we would on the beach in our bare feet, we were both eighteen and it felt so right, sleeping all day and staying up all night."

lol, it might be hard to identify with the lyrics, but, hey, it says "18"

Addie said...

Hey, that's true, Kenny! Well, I can identify with *some* of the lyrics. Beach, bare feet, 18, sleeping all day and staying up all night... yeah, that's so me. Coool... I totally forgot about that song! :) Awesome.