Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Spinning in Time

Time is a wondrous thing.

Sometimes it seems to crawl, and you are pretty much dying for it to go by. Usually this happens when you are waiting for something to come. When it is still a long, long way off.

But at other times, Time flys by in a flash, and you find yourself thinking, "Wasn't I seven just last week?"

And then there are times when Time seems to stand still. Usually that only happens to me when I'm dancing. Spinning does that to me a lot. I'm at the ball, spinning, spinning, spinning across the room. Somewhere up ahead, Big Storm is playing. We pass the music, and for an instant as we pass the speaker, Time stops completely and I get lost in the music, still spinning.

I love that. I love how Time is always surprising me. Waiting for the Italy trip is going to be murder, just like waiting for the Summer Academy and Greek-In-A-Week was murder, and at the beginning of the wait, Time will crawl.

But as it gets closer, Time will speed up, and by the time May comes, I won't have enough time to do everything that I want to get done before the trip comes.

And then, while we're in Rome, Time will stop. And I'll be spinning, spinning, spinning, once again.

3 comments:

Juliet SN said...

I know exactly what you mean, Faith! For me, it's spinning times, and also quiet times... like when your Dad read aloud at SA of 05, or when he read aloud this past summer. Or when we were both so excited about the Windy, we just kept on smiling at each other, and stopped talking for a bit. Everything stood still, etched on my memory, I'll never forget those times.

Love you!

Daniel Alders said...

Hey... you're going to Italy?! Coool... I don't think I'll make it. I don't have enough money, *and* I'm thinking about going to the UK. :)

Shannon said...

That was such a great post, Faif. I wish I could go to Italy too. Money is such an obnoxious thing. BUT...I will see you this spring! YAY!

Love you.