(Taken from my Xanga)
I work at a flower nursery. There are thousands of trees, bushes, flowers, shrubs, etc, that need to be watered every day, and that is my job. I'm the water girl(as always).
Well, on this particular afternoon I was watering the trees below the main building, and doing the steps of the Lindy Hop at the same time. Watering plants hour after hour after hour can get monotonous, as I'm sure you all know already. So, I counted in my head as my feet moved slightly. Step, step, triple step, step, step, triple step.
It was a very calm afternoon; the sky was a brilliant blue, the grass was very green, the water was cool, the scent of geraniums and freshly mown grass wafted through the air, and small cirrus clouds floated in front of the sun (causing no shade whatsoever). It was not terribly peaceful, though, since the nursery is located slightly up a hill from the highway, and cars and dump trucks are constantly roaring by. The trees that I was watering are at the bottom of the hill, too, so I was right beside the highway.
But for a few moments, there was peace. All was still. And what happened next was the very last thing that I would have expected to happen.
As I stood there, Lindying in place, a semi came roaring down the highway toward me. I recognized the sounds of engine breaks, though, and glanced up wondered why it was using its engine breaks this far out of town. As I looked up at it, it suddenly began honking! And not just one simple blast, but many blasts! What in the world?... By now it was close enough for me to see into the cab for moment before it passed.
The driver was waving frantically at me.
I whirled around and pretended to be suddenly interested in my work, but I was laughing really hard. The semi passed and continued on it's merry way sending back a few more honks as it drove off into the afternoon. I returned to my work, smiling, and I thought to myself, I have got to post about this.
1 comment:
FAITH!!! Thank you for the comment on our blog. =) This has absolutely nothing to do with the above post, but I absolutely LOVE the Charleston. =)
Post a Comment