Friday, January 05, 2007

Illness

Wednesday morning I woke up feeling like my throat was on fire. "Great. I have a sore throat. And I'm going to go skiing on Friday. Why now?" Yesterday morning I woke up feeling the same, only now my nose was stuffed up too. "Aww man!" I went to Pullman with Mom and Robert, who was going to get his eyes checked. Turns out that he has 20/20 vision in his right eye. His left eye, though, has a vision of 20/400. Wow. Yeah. So he has to wear a contact in his left eye. 'A' contact. Poor guy. But anyhow, when when got home, I was feeling a little dizzy and had an earache. By the time dinner was over, I was ready to go crash in bed. Half an hour later I developed a small temperature and a headache. Sheesh. What more can happen to me??

Well, the end result was that it was decided that I shouldn't go skiing in this condition. That is why I'm here now, writing instead of taking on the green runs with Liz. I suppose it's a good thing I'm not with them, though. I wouldn't have been able to stand for an hour. Whenever I pause while writing this, I lean my head on the desk in front of me, too tired to go on without a break. I'm just praying that this won't be like when I got sick at this time last year. I was sick for about two months straight. And I hated it.

But who am I to complain? I have friends who have been sick for way longer, and I don't know if I've ever heard them complain(may God bless them forever and ever). I shall be brave like them. He blesses and takes care of those who put their faith in Him.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Amen

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Get well, Faith! Erin pointed me to your post. Psalm 23 is the main Psalm that has been swirling (both wonderfully and stubbornly - even in times of "grrr" temptations) in my head these last two years. Yes, and Amen. Mrs. M

Addie said...

Thank you, Mrs. M. I shall try to get better soon. :)

I pray for you and your family every day. I only wish there was more I could do to help you. I feel so usless, sometimes, when I think of how I ought to be helping.

May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face to shine upon you, and give you peace.

In Him,
Faith

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon, Faith!
Have a good day. :)

Dorothy Plaza BSN, RN, DPP Master Trainer said...

I hope that you are feeling better! We missed you and your family on Sunday. I like the new layout a lot!