Sunday, April 18, 2010

She Is Love *

Ladies! Recentlyish I've been coming across a lot of you who are being hard on yourselves. And I'm sorry, but its starting to bother me. So! Let me take a moment out of your day to tell you something that you really need to hear.

First, I'm a girl too, so I understand why you do it. I know that its so, so easy to make light of things like compliments. When someone (especially a boy) tells us we look pretty, we often push it away, saying something like "Oh, I borrowed this dress from so-and-so", thus brushing away the compliment and trying to pass yourself off as a fake. But we do this every day. Why?

Its okay to take a compliment now and then. In fact, we need to hear it sometimes. We doubt ourselves so easily about anything, thinking we're not thin enough to be called pretty, that we're not good enough for our friends, or that our husband or boyfriend doesn't love us anymore since he hasn't said it for a full day now. But little things like compliments go a long way, and we as women need to be reassured of things. Its not going to hurt you to take a compliment. Just graciously say thank you, and do be thankful for it. You do deserve it.

Life is hard sometimes. And I know that some of you are going through more than others. But don't push away the love that others try to give you. When things are tough, we need it more than ever. Don't be too hard on yourselves. Accept that you're beautiful, because you are. And don't ever think that people don't see the sacrifices you make for others and the hard work that you do; that your life is going by unnoticed. Its not. Not at all.

So ladies, stay strong. You're the pillars of your household, and the pride of your fathers. So hold yourself up with grace, know that you're loved and considered one of the beautiful royalties in the kingdom of Christ, and live that out in your life.

She Is Love
By Parachute

No comments: