Tuesday, June 30, 2009

O Saya *

Anyone who has seen Slumdog Millionaire knows that it has the greatest soundtrack. Ranging from songs like Paper Planes (by M.I.A.) to Jai Ho to O Saya to Latika's Theme, the score is packed with exciting songs, fun songs, and even calm and relaxing songs.

I was hooked after hearing simply the first song during the opening credits. How could I not be? I'm a sucker for a good beat set by drums and incredible vocals. O Saya has the coolest drums EVER. And Indians know how to sing. Holy cow, do they know how to sing!

So. I some music for you. Get ready for something a little different, and don't shut it out just because you might not usually listen to Indi pop (and if you like it enough, I just might post Jai Ho for you((though I'll probably post it even if you don't like O Saya)).

This is the song that did it all for me. Are you ready? You're not ready. You'd better be, though, because I can't keep all this awesomeness to myself. So get ready. Listen to the drums. Listen to the tone in A.A. Rahman's voice. Pay attention when M.I.A. steps into the picture. Think about the kind of talent it takes to produce a song like this. Pay attention, people

O Saya
By A.A. Rahman and M.I.A.

3 comments:

David K said...

I looooove that song! Did you watch the Oscars? They played it live, with all of the drums and cool Indian instruments, and it was amazing.

UndercoverBlonde said...

Jai Ho is the BEST dancing song! And we even have a new dance to do to it!
I will teach you, Paduan. :-)

Addie said...

David - I didn't see the Oscars, no. I heard they were amazing though. I wish I could have seen that. :)

Grace Anne - Cool! I'll have to post Jai Ho next. :D And yes, you'll have to teach me that dance! THREE WEEKS, CHIKKIN!!! :D