Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Praying For Sunny Days *

What do you do when you are so tired that you can barely stand, and its a struggle just to keep your eyes open? Why, post on your blog of course! (though I must say that that exclamation mark is not what I feel like at all).

It has come to my attention that this week is the Jazz Festival. Oh fun. This means Smoky Mountain is going to be awesome this weekend. Maybe I'll clock in early and earn a bit more for this weekend. They'll probably need me anyhow. Yay me.

In other news, today has been a really weird day. I woke up at 6:45 to find that it was snowing like crazy. Huge, wet snowflakes. Great. This is going to be a fun day. I contemplated not going to class for about five minutes and then decided to brave the slick roads.
It all cleared up during Lordship class this morning, though, and by noon the sun was making appearances through the spaces of the blue and white clouds (yes, the clouds were blue. Trust me on this, I was watching them). Lordship was awesome, by the way. I love it when Pastor Wilson comes to talk to my class. He's so great! He has this wonderful kind aura about him... he's a wonderful Christian and it shows in so many ways. I love my pastor.
Choir at 1:30 was awesome as always, and I get more and more excited about the Chichester Psalms the more we learn. Its so lively that I can't help liking it. I really like the Pert piece that we're learning, too. Its all so good! Dr. Erb has some great music for us this term. I can't wait for the concert in April.
I was in a pretty spunky mood by the time choir ended, therefore, and was happy about life. The sun was shining a bit more, the wind was blowing, and it was cold. Very odd, but very cool. It felt like Spring!
I had promised Emily that after choir I would come help her with her National Latin Exams for her students, so I decided to walk up to her house instead of drive. It was too pretty to drive. Not to mention I'd have to find parking. I hate that. So I walked! It was beautiful. And the walk isn't that long either. Its about seven minutes, I guess, which is nothing compared to the 28 minutes that I walked last summer from Smoky Mountain to NSA every Wednesday. I loved that and want to do it again once its warmer, but I was happy with my seven minute walk anyhow.
Emily and I put the exams together while drinking tea and talking/laughing about stuff, and it was great! I always like being at Emily and Aaron's house, and its a huge bonus now that I get to see a little nephew. Henry is so awesome. I'm very proud of him. He has Emily's temperament (calm, happy, patient, and puts up with a lot of people getting in his face) and has Aaron's good looks. He's going to be one handsome man when he gets older. Anyhow, it was fun getting to see the three of them, and all too soon it was time to head back to the car.
I listened to my iPod and played Praying For Sunny Days because I thought that song was very applicable. I really can't wait for Spring to come. I want to go fly a kite so badly. Its been so long since I flew a kite. But first I need to buy one! I think I'll go to Hodgins tomorrow and look for one. Then I could go fly it in the grassy area below the Kibbi Dome across(ish) from Smoky Mountain! That'd be so beige. Oh wow. I'm all excited now! Haha.

So all in all, it was a weird day. It started out snowing and all depressing, and ended happy and Springish. A good day to be sure. I need to walk around town more often, I think.

Cheers!

Praying For Sunny Days
By Hyper Static Union

1 comment:

David K said...

The sun-coming-out was really wonderful, wasn't it?

I can't wait for spring... winter's great, but I've had enough greyness to last me till next year. Time for some green!