Friday, November 03, 2006

WOOHOO!!

Man, that was a BLAST!!

Last night was our first performance of the Sound of Music! There were a few things that made us want to bang our heads against the wall(Travis actually did), but I don't think the audience noticed half of those things. We probably only saw them because we know the play backwards and forwards now.
Anyhow, despite those few things which went a little wrong, it went better than I had expected. I didn't trip on Travis' feet this time; no one spilled the "fizzy apple juice"; we actually sang the right lines during the chant(*gasp*); no one made any huge/noticeable blunders with their lines; James did pretty good on Sixteen Going On Seventeen; I succeeded in making the scene changes and helped Leisl change in time; and although Travis nearly pushed me off the platform twice, I think I did a pretty good job of not letting the audience see that.
So, all in all, it was a very good show. I only wish that there had been more people! Robert said 36 people came through his door, and 15 to 20 through the other door. Great. So, we had about fifty people watching us on opening night in a room that can hold hundreds of people! For some reason I'd pictured that it would be a full crowd.
I was also rather sad that none of my friends came to see us on opening night. It was a very important night, so I though that maybe someone would come watch us. But no one was waiting for us when it was over. *sniff* I'm so glad that Cristina was ushering last night. After we had changed and came down stairs, she was standing talking with Robert, and when we came into the auditorium, she gave me a big hug.
Thank you Cristina! I really needed it. :-)

Tonight is our second performance. It's a 7:30 performance, and we have to be there at 6:00 for warm ups, makeup, costumes, *and* we're going to restage the bows at the end. It didn't look quite right last night, so we're going to work it again tonight before the ushers let the audience in.
I'm still have a blast doing the play, if not an even bigger blast now that we're on to the performances. It's a good thing I'm having so much fun too, because they way I look at it, there are two ways to handle a play:
#1 Take it too seriously, and stress out about every little detail, hoping for a perfect performance. No performance is perfect, however, and it's the little mistakes that can make you laugh the hardest. Besides, what's the good of worrying about everything? It's just a play, for crying out loud! lol
#2 Enjoy every minute of it. This is a rare adventure for a lot of people, and it will be over in a flash. You might as well have fun with it, and be thankful that you can be a part of it. :)

I'll take #2. If I took #1, I would be a pro at it. The play keeps me up very late, and if I pretty much don't wake up unless I get ten hours of sleep. lol So, I'm sure you can see how I'd be a pro at #1.
But I didn't choose #1! No, I've taken #2, and I'm a pro at this one too, if I do say so myself. ;) I'm enjoying every second of it, and I only wish it wouldn't end in a week and a half. *sigh*
Ah well. Life goes onward.

Whoa! Speaking of life going onward, I have to leave in three minutes! Well, people, wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Dorothy Plaza BSN, RN, DPP Master Trainer said...

That is so sweet! You are welcome! I was very glad to be there. You Nuns are the best part of the play. I mean that! I am hoping to come on closing night (or afternoon I should say) if I can work that out! Have a nice break from the play for two days. Catch up on sleep ;).