Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kindergarten escapee

I am a kindergarten escapee. Somehow I managed to make it on to First Grade without the ability to color inside the lines. And no, that's not a metaphor. That's literal. I can't color inside the lines.

At Bed, Bath, And Beyond we've been prepping for inventory. This means taking your sheet of paper with a map of the room you're working on printed on it and highlighting the areas that you've covered. Its really just a blueprint of the room, with boxes showing where the shelves and racks and such are, and all you have to do is highlight the shelf you've done.

My first time doing it was interesting. I swear the box shifted while I was coloring it.
Me: *color color* ".... uh..."
Manager: "What?"
Me: "I need a new sheet. Mine is defective."
Matt, looking at my sheet: *dies*

I swear, Brian Regan should write a comedy sketch about me coloring boxes for inventory. I can see it now: "So I met this girl the other day. She worked in a retail store and was highlighting the inventory map... or what she thought was the inventory map. It was actually the shelf just to the right of the paper. She missed it by three inches! How do people like that graduate high school, let alone get anywhere near the exit doors of kindergarten?"

Hehe, lets just say that my managers are very tolerant.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh wow Addie =).

Zack Russell said...

You are amazing and you rock that job! <3