Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Song is Love Unknown

I remember the day it hit facebook. It was an ordinary May morning for me, and at that moment I was spending it in my usual way; sitting on my bed with my laptop on my knees, and drinking my favorite tea while I explored what was going on in the world of my friends.

Then I saw it. A link. Something about love. Someone's comments on it. I didn't pay much attention, and scrolled down. There it was again. This time I read the title. "My Song is Love Unknown." That's a good hymn, thought I. And I passed on again. Articles take too long to read, and my mug would cover my eyes just long enough to keep me from focusing. But no, there it was again. And again just below that. This time I really was intrigued and clicked the link. Written by Toby Sumpter? Hmm. Obviously my pastor had written something that was making a big impression on the facebook world. I flipped back to facebook and looked around to see if anyone else had posted it. It had been posted a grant total of ten times, and each one had many enthusiastic comments on it.

I've said for several years now that Pastor Sumpter is the best rhetorician I've ever heard. His style is simple but powerfully strong. Easy to follow, easy to understand, easy to become hooked on. And this piece was no different.

I liked it every bit as much as my friends did, and I understand why they posted it so much that day. I ran across it again moments ago, and I've decided to do my part in sharing it. So here, ladies and gentlemen, is that beautiful masterpiece by Pastor Toby Sumpter.

My Song is Love Unknown

No comments: