Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Castellastazmiac

So it been a while since I posted. So! Quick update on life!

I've now been a bridesmaid three times, a flower girl once, and helped with three other weddings in my life time. The lady sitting next to me in the terminal on Sunday was amazed that I'd been involved in six weddings before my nineteenth birthday. I guess it is pretty different. But I love it. It means that I now have a TON of great wedding stories, not to mention ideas of what to do and what NOT to do for my own wedding.

As an answer to prayer, I am now working two days a week (rather than the one day a week I was doing last term)! Unfortunately, they're both weekend shifts, so I'm trying to trade shifts with someone so that I can at least have Saturday nights off. I don't mind working Friday nights because that's one of our busiest nights. Busy nights = more hours, more hours = more money, more money = tuition stuff, tuition stuff = more time at NSA! Woohoo! So yes, I'm happy with my Friday shift thus far. I'll keep working on trading out my Saturday night shift, though. Wish me luck!

I got my hair "cut" yesterday. I didn't really get much cut off, it was more of trim and relayering. But I like it. I didn't curl it yesterday, which was unusual, so I got to see what my hair would do when its just left alone. And apparently my hair is, like, changing. My hair used to frizz out and be all stupid, but now it had this weird wave in it. I guess that's why it holds a curl so well. Anyhow, I was surprised to find out that my hair is naturally wavy. Coolness.

I've decided that I REALLY want to ride a motorcycle.

Yesterday was the two-months-away mark for my birthday! I'm excited. I can't imagine being nineteen. Its going to rock, though, I'm sure of that. A bunch of my bestest friends from high school are hopefully going to be here for my birthday, so the combo of them + my awesome college friends + my birthday being on a Friday the 13th = one awesome birthday.

Oh, hey! I saw Cloverfield last night. Woooow... lots of swearing, and shaky camera stuff, but I liked it. You really did connect with some of the characters (despite the fact that it was filmed like a documentary sort of thing), and in the end, I decided it was pretty good for what it was. A low budget movie filmed on one camera with only a few main characters. I'd watch it again. My brothers and I were amused, though, that it was rated PG 13 for "Violence, terror, and disturbing images". We've never seen a movie rated for "terror" before, and were like, "What's that supposed to mean?! What's the difference between terror and disturbing images??" Hehe.

Okay, that's enough for now. Time to go clean up the house and stuff while mom and the boys are gone. PARTY TIME!!!

5 comments:

David K said...

Well, I must admit, 6 weddings is rather a lot...

Oh, and just so you know, Cloverfield isn't a low-budget movie, and it was certainly not shot on only one camera.

UndercoverBlonde said...

YOUR BIRTHDAY!! *SCREAM*
Oh. man. it's going to be amazing.

Addie said...

Aha! David, I stand corrected. I was only saying what I heard from others.

YOUR birthday, Grace Anne! Yours is first!! :D

UndercoverBlonde said...

Yeah, but yours is going to be amazinger than mine is. lol. I'm just ANCIENT. :-)

Addie said...

Well, the only reason mine could ever even HOPE to be amazinger (is that even a word??? Haha!) would be if you were there for it. Pleeeeeeease???